Two Interviews Regarding Career Strategies and Hiring
For an in-depth (audio) podcast interview of Richard Kirby, covering a wide range of career topics, CLICK ON THIS HYPERLINK and then click the very small PLAY BUTTON in the bottom left of the new web page!
The “Big 4” Job Seeker Time Wasters
WARNING: Don’t follow the crowd and sink too much of your time and money into these classic time wasters:
- Rewriting your resume over and over again, based on amateur advice
- Going back to school, consuming $$$$ education, to avoid your issues or hoping this is a magic solution
- Attending group networking meetings, especially job seeker groups, and meeting strangers
- Applying for posted jobs and waiting for the phone to ring
Time for a Career Consultant?
Have you ever considered getting professional career help? CLICK HERE for an article on this topic.
Career Insights Profile
Take our FREE Career Insights Profile – to identify your strengths and understand yourself better.
Want free advice to prepare for future job interviews? We invite you to join Richard in The Interview Room at Roswell United Methodist Church (RUMC) Job Networking every second and fourth Monday night. This interviewing workshop runs from 7pm to 8pm. CLICK HERE FOR INFO . For an ABC News story about RUMC, CLICK HERE.
For an INTERVIEW PREPARATION EXERCISE that will help you plan for your next job interview, CLICK HERE.
- Fast Track Your Job Search (and Career!) by Richard Kirby – READ EBOOK REVIEWS HERE
- SuperNetworking by Michael Salmon
- How to Land Your Dream Job (skip chapters 12-15 and 40) by Jeffrey J. Fox
- The Success Principles by Jack Canfield
- The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
Company Research Resources
Niche Job Boards
CLICK HERE for a niche job boards excerpt from Richard’s book Fast Track Your Job Search (and Career!)